Whole Wheat Lasagna
Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Entree
A hearty portion of healthier lasagna with a touch of sin. (Recipe makes 6 servings- nutritional info per serving) *Freezes well! Pre-portion and freeze for later!*
- 1 pkg Archer Farms Whole Wheat Organic Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 1 jar Prego Heart Smart Traditional
- 2 cups Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach, squeeze out excess water
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk
- 4 oz Fontina Cheese, Sliced
- ½ cup Skim Milk
- Roasted Garlic
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Fresh Oregano, chopped
- Fresh Thyme, 2 sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 13x9 glass dish, add a few tablespoons of sauce to just barely cover the bottom so noodles don't stick.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, milk, spinach, egg, garlic and fresh herbs until thoroughly blended.
- Layer noodles to cover the bottom on pan.
- Add ricotta mixture on top of noodles.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Add next layer of noodles and top with sauce.
- Repeat until ingredients are gone.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, add fontina slices and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let set for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve (and/or freeze)
Serving size: 1 Calories: 565 Fat: 23 Saturated fat: 13 Unsaturated fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 53 Sugar: 12 Fiber: 8 Protein: 36