Roasted Root Veggies
Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Veggie Side Dish
A great recipe to use for the holidays, if you have a big family or want to freeze them for future use. I didn't know I liked parsnips! I know not all are root veggies but most are. Recipe is for 6 hearty servings- nutritional info per serving.
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled & 1" cubes
- 1 parsnip, peeled- cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lg turnip, peeled & 1" cubes
- 5 lg carrots, peeled- cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lg zucchini, cut into ½" slices then sliced in half
- 1 lg onion, quartered or slightly smaller (to taste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh herbs of your choice, minced
- Pepper, white or black
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep all veggies by peeling and cutting into 1" pieces. Cut zucchini into slices and then cut those slices in half.
- Put sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips and carrots into a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Put half in one 13x9 dish and half in another, roast for 15 minutes, stir veggies in oven and add ½ tbsp of oil to each pan and coat veggies again.
- Roast for another 15 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, toss zucchini and onion in the last tbsp of olive oil.
- When that 15 minutes is up, add the zucchini, onions, pepper and fresh herbs, stir and roast for final 15 minutes.
Sodium-77mg Vitamin A-187% Vitamin C- 34% Calcium- 6% Iron- 5%
Serving size: 1 Calories: 153 Fat: 7 Saturated fat: 1 Unsaturated fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 22 Sugar: 8 Fiber: 5 Protein: 2