Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Breakfast
I adapted this recipe to lighten it up slightly and they're actually healthy! Original link: http://weighactiveandhealthy.blogspot.com/2010/10/healthy-fall-recipe-pumpkin-pancakes.html
- 1 c. Trader Joe's 100% White Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ c. Trader Joe's Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c. skim milk
- ⅓ c. Libby's Canned Pumpkin
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cloves (to taste)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Mix ingredients together.
- Use a medium sized ice cream scoop to measure out each pancake to get them uniform.
- Cook on medium heat so you don't ruin the dreamy orange color.
- Flip them over when tiny bubbles appear at the edges of the pancake.
- Makes 8 pancakes, 2 per serving.
Sodium- 274mg Vitamin A- 103% Vitamin C- 2% Calcium- 19% Iron- 12%
Serving size: 1 Calories: 210 Fat: 2 Unsaturated fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 30 Sugar: 16 Fiber: 6 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 48