Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Side
Adapted from a recipe at The Novice Chef (http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2011/10/unprocessed-pumpkin-cinnamon-applesauce/)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 can of canned pineapple (or half a fresh one-cored)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 25-30 minutes until soft.
- Leave the skins on if you plan to puree the applesauce smooth.
- Puree the pulp a few pulses for chunky texture or 15-20 seconds (or longer depending on your blender/processor) until smooth.
- Stores for 1 week in the fridge or 3 months frozen.
- Makes 5 4 oz servings.
Sodium- 1mg Vitamin C- 16% Calcium- 2% Iron- 4%
Serving size: 4 oz Calories: 50 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 13 Sugar: 8 Fiber: 3