Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 48 servings
Adapted from recipe at the following link: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/moist-pumpkin-cookies-recipe.htm
- 2¼ c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Hain No Sodium Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cup Pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Prepare Powdered Sugar Glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk and pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle glaze over cookies or dip them in glaze and let set.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
- Freeze unglazed, well wrapped or vaccuum sealed.
- These make perfect mini whoopie pies as well.
- For Glaze: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in small bowl until well blended.
Sodium- 55mg (This is because of Hain NO SODIUM baking powder. Available at most Whole Foods) Nutritional information does NOT include glaze as glaze amount varies depending on how you apply it.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 68 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: 1 Unsaturated fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 14 Sugar: 9 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 9