Chicken Pot Pie
Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Entree
This low sodium version of a comfort food classic is filling, delicious and able to be fit into your calories with ease. (Nutritional information is per serving)
- 3 cups Trader Joe's low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cups Trader Joe's frozen organic green peas
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ¼ cup chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt free spices to taste
- Grands Jr Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, heat chicken broth, chicken and all vegetables on medium high heat until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the skim milk and flour together to make a slurry then add to the broth and stir until thickened.
- Add spices.
- Ladle 8 oz of the mixture into an ovenproof crock or bowl.
- Top with HALF of a raw biscuit.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
344 mg Sodium Note that this WILL taste like low sodium pot pie. If you choose to add table salt, the sodium content will change.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 226 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 29 Sugar: 10 Fiber: 3 Protein: 20 Cholesterol: 33