Light Pumpkin Pie Cups
Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Desserts
A perfect way to enjoy portion controlled pumpkin pie during the holidays. (People love these more than regular pumpkin pie thanks to the gingersnap crust!)
- 1 cup Kroger ginger snap cookies (about 15)
- 15 oz can Trader Joe's organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 oz can fat free evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use blender to break ginger snaps down into powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients and blend well making sure there is no hint of egg white or you'll have scrambled egg pumpkin pie! (Use a mixer in lieu of by hand)
- Generously spray muffin pans with butter cooking spray (or use butter if preferred but nutritional info will change)
- Put 1½ to 2 tsp of ginger snap powder in each muffin tin and press into the bottom and sides about halfway up so no pan shows through.
- With an average sized ice scoop, fill the tins almost to the top. (You might have 2 scoops left when it's all filled)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Don't freak out if they appear to puff over the tops halfway through, they'll sink back in but use a cookie sheet under the pan if desired)
- Allow to cool for about 60 minutes then get a thin knife or toothpick and loosen the edges of the pies.
- Put a piece of parchment or wax paper over the top of the muffin tin.
- Put a large cutting board on top of the muffin tin and flip it over.
- Hopefully they'll all drop out with ease and remove the ones that do to a serving platter.
- If they don't, work out your aggressions and give it a good tap or two on the counter and loosen with knife if needed.
Sodium- 87mg Vitamin A- 165% Vitamin C- 2% Calcium- 10% Iron-6%
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 125 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 24 Sugar: 17 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4