Homemade Rice Pilaf
Author: The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh
Recipe type: Side Dish
A delicious rice pilaf base that you can add any kind of veggie to for a more substantial main dish. Recipe serves 2, nutritional info per serving.
- ⅓ cup orzo
- ¼ cup white rice
- 1⅓ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Put a little canola oil cooking spray in a skillet and brown the orzo until well, brown.
- Add rice and chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Add garlic and herbs.
Sodium- 100mg To increase protein and fiber, use whole wheat orzo.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 196 Fat: 0.5 Carbohydrates: 38 Sugar: 1 Fiber: 2 Protein: 8